It’s no secret that streaming on Twitch in 2017 can lead to a full timecareer for the select few. To get to the top you don’t have to just be entertaining but consistent streaming daily when you are just starting out. Again that will only get you so far and without a high quality setup it’s a well known that your viewers won’t stick around for long. Having a face cam allows your viewer the chance to get to know you a little bit more and the better your webcam is the clearer your face will be. What is the best webcam for twitch though? In this post I will share some of the best so that you get the best quality for your twitch streams.
Logitech C922x (My choice)
- Web Camera specifically designed and optimized for Professional quality video streaming on social gaming and entertainment sites like Twitch and YouTube
- Stream and record vibrant, true-to-life HD 1080P video at 30Fps/ 720P at 60FPS
- Background replacement technology (powered by personify) allows you to integrate your live image and any background Scene, right onto your stream (only works with Windows 7 and above)
- Full HD glass lens and premium autofocus deliver razor-sharp, clear video in consistent high Definition while two Built-in mics capture your voice in rich Stereo Audio
- Record clear videos even in dim or poorly backlit settings with automatic light Correction
Comes with background removal tech
Made for twitch streamers
Records in 1080p
Autofocus is annoying sometimes
Microphone not great
Logitech C922x Review
Without a doubt the best webcam for Twitch right now has to be the Logitech C922x as this Pro Streaming version of thie C9220 webcam was literally made for Live streamers. This webcam will allow you to record at 30 fps and of course at 1080p which is almost standard now for good quality webcams. If you have a windows PC then this webcam actually comes with built in Personify background removal technology that will allow you too integrate your facecam into stream which is one of the best features for twitch streamers who own this webcam.
This webcam comes with two in built microphones but the sound quality isn’t as good as standalone microphone so don’t buy this is an audio recording alternative. It comes with autofocus which can be a bit annoying sometimes when if you are moving around alot and it is constantly refocusing but it is actually possible to turn this off. It also comes with auto light correction which works really well for streamers in dark settings.
- Full 1536p high resolution HD web camera provides crystal clear true-to-life video.
- H.264 video compression technology provides fast and smooth uploads of your videos.
- Built-in dual digital microphones ensure natural stereo sound with crystal clear audio while greatly reducing background noise.
- Automatic low-light correction, exceptional image quality even in dim and/ or harsh lighting. ( improves night vision ).
- Compatible with Windows 7, 8, 10 and above as well as Mac OS 10.6 and above. Supports Chrome OS, Smart TV, and TV BOX Android 5.0 or later.
Can record in 1536p
Good value for money
Not much known about the brand
Not made for streamers
Besteker 1536p Review
If for some reason you don’t like the Logitech brand then this Besteker brand is another good option. It’s quite likely you won’t have heard of this brand but their webcam is now becoming a more popular choice with Twitch streamers and for good reason. This cam believe it or not can actually record in 1536p which is higher than the Logitech cam and also has a similar auto light correction system for dark settings. This webcam wasn’t made for streamers but more for a wide range of things like meetings and for recording videos which is why it has a built in video compression tool. It does however works with both window and mac and can without a doubt be used by Twitch streamers.
It has an in built microphone which is actually quite good as it is has a noise canceling device built in which mean it should only pick up your voice. You definitely should not buy this as a substitute for a microphone if you are planning to go pro on twitch as your viewers will take notice of the low sound quality. They will however be impressed with the high quality wide angle face cam you are able to stream for them and no doubt they won’t care at all that you are using a lesser known brand.
The truth is that getting a super cheap webcam is a bad idea and will make your stream look super scuffed but at the same time you don’t need to use the most expensive webcam in existence. Anything that records in 1080p or higher is good enough for you viewers to appreciate your streams and not drop off.
The webcams that i featured in this guide are more than capable of doing everything you need and more. You will be able to record your face in high quality with no lag. The only thing is that you if you are using a webcam don’t use it as a microphone and use it for what they are good at (recording your face). If you want a microphone for your twitch setup then you should get the best microphone and you can find that by reading a guide a I wrote that shows you the best gaming microphones.
I will updated this guide whenever new webcams are released. Looking for a green screen for twitch? check out our other guide.